In 2014, Facebook Inc. acquired WhatsApp (for $19 Billion, if you care),
The integration of the two platforms and the introduction of WhatsApp ads took some time, but since then, businesses have found value in this type of ads.
Here’s why you should start creating them:
1. It’s a direct way for your potential/existing clients to get in touch with you.
2. When people talk to your business via WhatsApp, it feels to them that both the communication and service are more personal, even compared to other parallel alternatives such as Messenger.
3. You get their contact details just by having the conversation (needless to say, you must make sure you respect all the data protection rules in the region where you’re operating).
4. Although these ads have been available for a few years now, many businesses don’t create them, which presents an opportunity for you.
5. You can run the ads not only on Facebook but also across various platforms within the Meta ecosystem.
And that’s the gist of it.
Generally speaking, I encourage businesses to use WhatsApp as a tool to communicate with their customers. I believe it improves the customer experience which in turn, impacts the brand image.